Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Boxcar Children Party
In September we read The Boxcar Children along with several other families we know. Then we got together for a party to celebrate a great read. We couldn't find any big boxes to make a boxcar, so we set up our tent and read stories and sang songs in the tent. Then we made our own miniature box cars. The painting was fun and messy.
After all that hard work, we had a snack of some things eaten by the children in the story: bread, milk, and blueberries. Then we ran races just like they did in the book. The kids were so funny running, all starting at different times.
We were thrilled to have our local friends over and very excited to have our cousins come down from Salt Lake area to join in the fun! We can't wait till the next book party! We're already reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like there had been lots of action at the Randall hogan of late. Sorry the old van had to be sent away. I bet it was a great play place. I got a great catalog that made me think of you the other day. It has some fun playthings in it for Brady. Look at NorthernTool.com. They have a page of holiday gifts I think you would find interesting. We are all in different stages of flu recovery at our house right now. We have survived...but we are still snorting around a lot. Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date!
ReplyDeleteHow fun, I read every single boxcar children book there was when I was in third grade. I had forgetten all about them...
ReplyDeleteI thought I recognized some of the kids in the pictures besides Brady and Ellie...cute little cousins. The picture with the boxes is so funny! Kids make the funniest faces. They're all just doing their own thing. Sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteThat was the first book I remember my mom reading to me as a child. You just brought back some great memories. I think you are a great mom
ReplyDeleteHey, fyi Supe started a blog:) Well he had a little help getting started but he is a champ now you can get to it at... http://supelillywhite.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete