We stopped in Provo on the way up and visited BYU's Paleontology Museum and we went to the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum. We've been to the Life Science Museum before, but I love to go there and see the critters, and the kids are excited every time.
After our museum visits we went to Toys R Us to look for ideas for Ellie's upcoming b-day and wander the aisles. When we left, I asked Ellie what she wanted for her birthday and she said, "I not know, Mom. I tell you when we go back." She's looking for any excuse to visit the toy store.
We stopped at South Towne Mall before we went to Grandma Randall's for the evening and rode the carousel.
We had dinner with Grandma and got a haircut from Aunt Keri for Brady. Then Bryan's mom and I stayed up till 1:30 talking. I went to the temple and ran errand the next morning while Bryan's mom watched Brady and Ellie. Thank you! Then we went with Grandma Randall and Great Grandma Burbank to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Brady was relieved to see the Angel Moroni looking shiny and find that the temple did not smell like smoke. He was really worried about the lighting strike! What a beautiful temple!
After the open house at the temple we went to visit Juge, Lance, Eden, and Noah. We sat around exhausted and with runny noses and sore throats together, but the kids had lots of fun. Juge and I stayed up till about 1:30 talking (what a sisterly thing to do). We did a CostCo run together. It was a nice visit.
Our final stop before fetching our nephews/cousins was to visit my Grandma Poulsen. She lives up in Washington State but was in SLC visiting my aunt. We went over there to see her and have a chat with her. What an amazing woman. She has such a great memory and is so interesting to talk to. I wish she lived closer, but we are lucky that she still has her handy dandy typewriter and will respond if she gets a letter. We love her lots! She's still going strong at 88!
I know I've said it before but man you exhaust me! I like to think I would be doing all that too if I only had 2 kids still :)
ReplyDelete