Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother's Day

I'm feeling like maybe I was a little bit selfish for Mother's Day this year, but my gift has been pretty nice. Bryan couldn't think of anything and didn't have time to get anything (Brady's prayers have been answered--lots of folks died--too bad!). Anyway, I told Bryan that the thing I really wanted was for him to take Brady and Ellie and go visit his parents for the weekend.
They left on Friday afternoon, and I started cleaning like a mad woman. I listened to some lectures on CD and cleaned and cleaned. My house has never looked so uncluttered. I read a book and watched some movies and ate what I wanted, which usually involved guacamole.
What an awesome husband I have! I can't wait till he and the kids get home. This has been a great gift, but I miss my little family!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I will have to suggest that one next year, although I don't think I will be cleaning the whole time....
    It WAS pretty funny watching Bryan tackle the little ones over the weekend though! But isn't that what Mother's Day is about, appreciating you?

    ReplyDelete