Saturday, February 27, 2010

Easily Entertained


Last night, Ellie was devastated when we told her that there were no dishes to wash by hand. Everything was dishwasher friendly, and, even better, it all fit. Not to be disappointed, Ellie headed for her little toy kitchen and returned with a handful of toy dishes that she wanted to wash. We ran a sink of soapy water, she washed and rinsed all her dishes, and then ran off to find something else to do, completely contented with life.

As I type, Brady and Ellie are playing "Space." They have a big box that is their space ship. They are wearing their snow pants, gloves, and hats so they can be clumsy in their space suits. I had to help them put "space suits" on their stuffed animals as well. I should make lunch, but I hate to interrupt their play while they are being friends and having fun. I love when they play together and entertain themselves. Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That is so cute! Don't you wish they would keep loving to wash dishes and help clean the bathroom? I imagine they stop liking to about the time that it would actually be helpful. Ellie is looking like such a big girl! So funny that you can, of course, see a wee bit of crack! Love that girl!

    ReplyDelete