Do you know the tool man, the tool man, the tool man?
Do you know the tool man? He lives right in my house!
One of Brady's greatest joys in life are his "junkers." Every once in a while, Bryan will go to the DI while he's in Cedar City for meetings and pick up an old car or truck for Brady. With his own personal set of screw drivers and a borrowed pair of wire cutters, he spends hours dismantling the junkers and trying to put them back together. He "works" when he first wakes up and any chance he gets throughout the day. He has even taken apart several of his own toys, some already broken, and some not (now they are). I have a feeling I am doomed for a garage like both Grandma Lillywhite and Grandma Randall have had to endure. Can't wait!
I bought a shelf recently for Brady and Ellie's room. They put it together with very little help from me. In fact, if I tried to help I was reprimanded quite rudely. What good workers!
Brady learned today that he can use the band saw (?) to cut a PVC pipe in pieces. He knew that's what Bryan uses it for, but was pleased to discover that he could do it himself, three or four times, even! He spent about an hour, happily sawing an old piece of pipe into pieces. I read a book. Ellie played swan. What a nice afternoon!
Yes, it sounds like you may be in for a project garage. The other night when Mark Brooks was here he told us that he remembers two times that Grandpa Poulsen gave him advice - he was also a child who loved to take things apart. Grandpa advised him that anyone can take things apart. It's people who can put things back together that are really the smart ones. He told him to start working on that! You may have to pass that one on to Brady as he gets older!
ReplyDeleteIt think that's a hack saw!
ReplyDelete