Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kanarraville Falls

This year the best thing I could think of for my birthday was to do a hike with my sweet family. I've been wanting to do this hike for a while. We did it a few years ago, but the kids were pretty small. I thought it would be better with them a little bit bigger. Also, I thought it would be good to do it before I got too much bigger and the weather got too much cooler. Luckily, Bryan had the day off for my birthday, so I got my wish and we hiked Kanarraville Falls.
The weather was perfect. It was a warm day but that felt good because the water was pretty chilly. At first the hike was through very desert terrain, but pretty soon we got to the water, and everything was spectacular. The cliffs were beautiful. Bryan and I both loved the slot canyons. The kids were a little iffy. They were getting tired and cold and were nervous about the height of the water falls. They were troopers, though, and we were able to go quite a ways up the slot canyon. I'd do this hike again in a heartbeat. It was so much fun. This birthday present was perfect!


1 comment:

  1. That is so gorgeous. It's like a mini Narrows! You are such a trooper for hiking when you're so far along. I'm such a klutz when I'm pregnant:) By the way, I love how your pictures are always in collages. So creative.

    ReplyDelete