Kids have funny ideas. Ellie, lately, wants me to play "Mommy and Little Kid" with her all the time. Mostly, I just have to sit around and let her tell me what to do and she's happy. Inevitabley, part of the game is that while the little kid (me) is asleep, she goes to the hospital and comes home with new baby. Usually, it's a girl named Tallulah.
A new part of the game has started recently. We watched The Rescuers and now instead of just being a little girl, I'm an orphan, sitting alone in my house, wishing for parents, and Ellie waltzes into the room and announces that she is my new mommy and that she will take care of me. What a funny, cute little nut!
Brady's great idea lately is that it's too hot to wear any clothes to bed, except underwear. He strips down once he thinks we're not looking and sleeps bare. Ellie always knows because he throws everything to the floor, so she comes out to announce, "Mom, I didn't tell him to, but Brady took off all his clothes." After I told her that it was probably okay the first time, she did it too. They both woke up the next morning with big grins. They thought they really got away with something!
Haha! That is so funny! You are such a good sport. But you remind me that I need to slow down and take the time to do more pretend play with my kids. They always do it together but I know they think is so much more fun when Mom joins in :D
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can put the fear into them and the clothes on them by telling them about the Smith's little fire alarms in the night experience. You don't want the firemen to come and catch you with your pants off do you?
ReplyDelete