Friday, April 16, 2010

Tool Time!

A while ago I started looking at tools online that were designed for use by little kids in doing real building projects. I found a drill online that looked really neat and had great reviews, but wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it. I started looking for one in every hardware store and craft store we went to. About a week ago we found one. Brady and Ellie were so excited. We bought the drill! It really works!
We also got Ellie a hammer just her size, and we bought a saw. We found scrap lumber for cheap at Home Depot, and Brady and Ellie have really been enjoying the tools.
There is a huge, empty doghouse in our backyard, big enough that Bryan and I can stand in it. Brady and Ellie have claimed it as their clubhouse. Their construction efforts now are aimed at building furniture for the clubhouse. Too bad their main assistant isn't a better builder. I don't know how successful we'll be, but we're having a good time trying!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get the drill? Looks like you guys have been having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to take wood shop, but girls could only take sewing back in my era. I should be grateful. Maybe I'd be missing some fingers if I had! Looks like you have plenty of projects to keep busy with.

    ReplyDelete