Monday, March 19, 2012

Introducing Chef Ellie

Last Sunday Ellie came to me and said, "Mom, I have an idea for a recipe that I think would be really yummy."  Then she listed the ingredients:  orange juice, a banana, and some bread crumbs all blended together to make a tasty drink.  Well, I talked her out of the bread crumbs, but she still wanted something besides banana and orange juice.  Her next idea was wheat--just the plain kernels out of the bucket.  I talked her out of that one too, so she decided to go with some of the sprouted wheat berries I had in the fridge.  Her next thought was to write down the recipe.  I spelled the words for her and she wrote them down.  She was very frustrated with the spelling of banana.  She thought that it sounded out differently than it should.  She wanted it to be spelled bunana like we say it.  We finally got past that and she decided it was time to try out this amazing recipe.  So we juiced an orange, peeled a banana, threw in some sprouted wheat, and blended it all up.  We all had a sip.  Brady thought one sip was enough.  Bryan had a few and so did I.  Ellie had several and then was ready to save it for the next day.  Glad that she's thinking.  Hopefully she'll learn some more cooking skills before she's 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment